The Arctic Monkeys - I Wanna Be Yours
Secrets I have held in my heart,
Are harder to hide than I thought,
Maybe I just wanna be yours.
I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours.
When I use the term “White people”, this is what I’m doing:
- Addressing you
When I use the term “White people”, this is what I’m not doing:
- Ripping you from your homeland
- Sailing you across an ocean like cargo
- Selling you off as slaves
- Forcing you to follow a bullshit religion
- Feeding you pig slop
- Beating you because I feel like it
- Raping your daughter
- Raping your mother
- Raping your sister
- Mutilating your body when you try to run away
- Passing laws that declare you to be 3/5 of a human being
- Preventing you from voting
- Firebombing your home
- Gathering a mob to lynch you in the streets with legal impunity
- Keeping you in the ghetto
- Chasing you with dogs
- Preventing you from going to certain schools
- Murdering your leaders who speak out against the tyranny of my people
- Encouraging my police officers to target you, and run you through our prisons like clockwork
- Profile you, whether you’re wearing a suit and tie, or baggy jeans and a hoodie
- Shooting you because I was following you and you got scared and attacked me
Because that would be racist.
It really bothers me when people say with conviction that “white people are the enemy.” No, ignorance is the enemy. White people have done many terrible things as a general demographic with misplaced power throughout history, but that speaks for just a fraction. Likewise, they are not the only demographic that’s at fault for awful things either. To blame another human of a certain skin color for something other humans of the same skin color have done hundreds of years prior is blatant ignorance; it is bigotry and it only serves to assign a scapegoat to your problems, not to actually solve them. There are bad apples of white skin color as there are brown, black, red, yellow, purple, etc., but there are the good ones that contribute positively to the world, and those ones outweigh the bad. The enemy here is ignorance. When we work together without bigoted predispotions about each other and learn to understand each other properly and fully, then we can dissolve this ignorance that divides us under the pretense of unity.
look at this loser ignoring all the shit POCs go through BECAUSE of what the white people did/continue to do to us. you obviously don’t give a shit about us and care more about you and your white people, how you feel instead of asking hey, maybe POCs ought to feel this way.
you people do not care WHY you’re called racist, but you care more about that you’re CALLED racist, as if being defined as such a person is WORSE than demeaning a human being with your white privilege.
the enemy is ignorance, yes, but the worst enemy is a whiny white male (as shown above) that is just covered with the slime of ignorance.
set this post and yourself on fire holy shit purple skin hahaahah
omg i just got off work, I’m not wearing a bra (smh) & my nipple piercing is like infected or something because my nipple fucking HURTS help SOS
is Julian Casablancas wearing a bape jacket in the new daft punk video y/n